- Enhancing Early Attachments by L. Berlin, Y. Ziv, L. Amaya-Jackson, & M. Greenberg. 2005, NY: Guilford.
- Attachment by J. Bowlby. 2000, NY: Basic Books. (See also Separation and Loss)
- The Making and Breaking of Affectional Bonds by J. Bowlby. 2005, NY: Routledge.
- A Secure Base: Parent-child Attachment and Healthy Human Development by J. Bowlby. 1990, NY: Basic Books.
- Handbook of Attachment by J. Cassidy & P. Shaver. 1999, NY: Guilford.
- Why Love Matters: How Affection Shapes a Baby's Brain by S. Gerhardt. 2004, NY: Brunner Routledge.
- Becoming Attached by R. Karen. 1998, NY Oxford University Press.
- Treating Parent-Infant Relationship Problems by A. Sameroff, S. McDonough, & K. Rosenthal (Eds.). 2005, NY: Guilford.
- Vital Touch: How Intimate Contact with Your Baby Leads to Happier, Healthier Development by S. Heller. 1997, Holt Paperbacks.
- Baby Matters, Revised 2nd Edition: What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Caring for Your Baby by L.F. Palmer. 2004, Baby Reference.
- Listening to Your Baby: A New Approach to Parenting Your Newborn by J. Gordon. 2002, Perigee Trade.
- The Mind of Your Newborn Baby by D. Chamberlain. 1998, North Atlantic Books.
- Parenting from the Inside Out by D. Siegel & M. Hartzell. 2003, NY: Tarcher-Putnam.
- Parenting for a Peaceful World by R. Grille. 2005, Australia: Longueville.
- Your Baby and Child by Penelope Leach. 2003, Dorling Kindersley Publishers Ltd.
- Connection Parenting: Parenting Through Connection Instead of Coercion, Through Love Instead of Fear, 2nd Edition by P. Leo. 2005, Wyatt-MacKenzie Publishing.
- Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves: Transforming Parent-child Relationships from Reaction And Struggle to Freedom, Power And Joy by N. Aldort. 2006, Book Publishers Network.
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason by A. Kohn. 2005, Atria Books.
- Playful Parenting by L.J. Cohen, 2002. Ballantine Books.
- The Scientist in the Crib: What Early Learning Tells Us about the Mind by A. Gopnik, A.N. Meltzoff, & P.K. Kuhl. 2001, HarperCollins Books.
- The Development of the Person by A. Sroufe, B. Egeland, E. Carlson, & A. Collins. 2005, NY: Guilford.
- The Irreducible Needs of Children by T. Brazelton & S. Greenspan. 2001, Perseus Publishing.
- The Magic Years by S.H. Fraiberg. 1996, NY: Scribner.
- Your Child at Play by M. Segal & D. Adcock. 1985, Newmarket Press.
- Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys by D. Kindlon & M. Thompson. 2000, Ballantine Books.
About Spanking/Corporal Punishment of Children:
- Plain Talk About Spanking by Jordan Riak
- Spanking: A Shortcut to Nowhere by Penelope Leach
- Spare the Rod, Embrace Our Humanity by Susan Bitensky
- But It Never Did Me Any Harm byJane and James Ritchie (excerpted from Spare the Rod, pp.13-19. 1989, HarperCollins Publishers Ltd.)
- What Spanking Does for Kids by Irwin Hyman (excerpted from The Case Against Spanking: How to Discipline Your Child Without Hitting, pp. 58-62. 1997, Jossey-Bass.)
Negative Effects of Punishment and Shame:
- How Children Really React to Control by Thomas Gordon (excerpted from Discipline That Works: Supporting Self-Discipline in Children, pp. 78-81. 1989, NY, Plume/Penguin.)
- 'Good' Children- At What Price?: The Secret Cost of Shame by Robin Grille and Beth Macgregor
- The Case Against Disciplining Children at Home or in School by Thomas Gordon
- Rethinking Discipline by Anie Addington
- What Your Child Remembers-- New discoveries about early memory and how it affects us by Robin Grille
- Attachment and Human Development: published quarterly by Brunner Routledge (Taylor & Francis group, UK. Website: www.tandf.co.uk.journals).